Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween wraith, er, wreath

I try to add one "crafty" decoration to my collection each holiday, and a couple days ago I realized I had not yet done anything for Halloween!  So I ran to Hobby Lobby and found a grapevine wreath, three flowers, and a ribbon.

I spray painted the wreath black (only one side, because you know, no one can see the back) and glued the three flowers to it.  Add the ribbon and there you go!  I really enjoy it because it's more "vampire gothy spooky elegant" and not so much "cutesy", and since the kids are older that's the look I'm trying to go for.  Not all the time, just around Halloween...

I think the oval wreath really makes this a bit better than normal, and the fact that there were still some leaves on the wreath helped too.

All told, it cost me about $18 and that's because nothing was on sale!  If you plan on making one for next year (or OOH Christmas - I could spray paint it red or green or silver NEAT) I recommend buying your wreath, flowers & ribbon when they're on sale.  Only suckers pay full price at Hobby Lobby... or those who really feel like making a wreath THAT NIGHT!

I enjoy that my kitty is totally checking out what I'm doing.

I could've made it more ornate - but I kind of like it simple.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!